Click Here To Go To Psycho Solo Diver
  • HOME
  • Categories

  • January 26, 2015

    Second Lobster Dive Of The Night

    January 24, 2015

    The swells had been pounding the coast, so nobody wanted to dive the breakwater, and there was little enthusiasm to dive anywhere else.

    We had an hour and a half of off gassing to figure out where our second dive would be.

    I had to take the neck seal on my dry suit off – my red face was scaring the Dive Master.

    We decided on a place that was not as deep as the first dive, but nobody had any realistic hopes.

    I put my dry suit back on, geared up and went over.

    Suddenly, I started feeling wet.

    Fuck, I was leaking!

    I checked my zipper, all was good.

    Hmmm… well, I needed lobsters, and a little water was not going to stop me.

    I descended down the anchor line.

    Logged SCUBA Dive #484

    SoCal Buddy Diving/Solo Diving

    Secret Location: 54 68 65 72 65 20 69 73 20 61 20 66 61 72 6d 20 6f 66 66 20 74 68 65 20 72 65 64 20 62 65 61 63 68 20 74 68 61 74 20 67 72 6f 77 73 20 6e 6f 74 68 69 6e 67 20 62 75 74 20 70 69 70 65 73 2e, Redondo Beach, CA, USA

    In With: 2900 psi
    Out With: 800 psi
    Max depth: 85 feet
    Waves: Pretty flat
    Visibility: 10 feet
    Water Temperature: 57 degrees
    Air Temperature: 69 degrees
    Total Bottom Time: 20 minutes, or so

    As I felt the squeeze of my dry suit, I gave it some air – and it leaked right out of my neck seal.

    OK, I must have not put my neck seal on right.

    The water leaking into my dry suit soon relieved the squeeze.

    I saw a few shorts and one legal one that was wedged into a crevice, out of reach.

    Basically, there just was not an abundance of lobsters down there.

    I came across the anchor line, and decided to head back up – very slowly this time; I was only 15 minutes into the dive, and I at least wanted to do 20 minutes.

    I came up the the anchor slowly and made it back on board the boat.

    My dry suit was completely flooded.

    I pried open my left arm seal and about a gallon of water emptied onto the deck.

    Kathy the Divemaster asked, “Oh, my! What happened?”

    I said, “I forgot I was wearing a dry suit and accidentally peed in it.”

    Well, nobody believed me, especially when I took the rest of my “dry” suit off and flooded the deck.

    I think everyone got skunked on this dive.

    However, once back at the dock, Mirek was nice enough to spread the wealth…

    Me and my donated lobster.
    Thank you Mirek, for not letting me come back empty handed!

    Maybe it was his communist upbringing in Poland, or the fact he was going immediately to another boat for morning dives on the oil rigs, but he did spread the lobster wealth around.

    Thank you again, Mirek!

    Super bowl Sunday, I am diving the oil rigs for scallops.

    Unfortunately, I heard the pillars have been scraped down to 85 feet.

    More to come, stay tuned!

    No Comments

    No comments yet.

    RSS feed for comments on this post.

    Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

    RSS Subscribe

    Blog Search: The Source for Blogs




    ©Copyright 2002-2021 All Rights Reserved. However, if you are going to steal anything from this site, please give me credit and link back.